/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Death by Reefer

So you can get the death penalty for using marijuana to cook with? Really? That seems to be the case if you read between the lines of this article

I’ll tell you what, though. I’m all about legalizing marijuana. I mean, talk about a really stupid plan; alcohol is far more dangerous, and results in hundreds if not thousands of deaths every year. Who dies on weed? People who over eat? Too lazy to move out of the way of a speeding truck? Whatever. And just imagine the revenue that would be accorded the government if it were to simply tax marijuana a lot and legalize it. You’d get plenty of medicinal benefits, leisure consumption tax revenue, and a much calmer populace. I don’t really see much of a down-side here for the government. You even get to expand trade partnerships with some developing countries that have serious problems with drug running. Seems to me like it’s a no-brainer…

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home