/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Patent Reform...will this really matter?

So apparently this new legislation has been entered for the purposes of aligning our patent system with the rest of the world. I think that’s probably good, in general. But with all sorts of really heavy hitters getting behind it, you have to wonder if there is a lot of language in there that will specifically reinforce the status quo; how else would it gain so much traction with industry? The angles that are being played are being bet on by such a wide variety of companies, too, will this just further codify the stratifications of industry?

I am no patent lawyer, nor do I have a really great understanding of patent laws, but I feel as though patent law has gotten pretty ridiculous, with Intellectual Property being so closely held onto that seemingly nothing is available for use by the general public without royalties.

So ridiculous. And to me, unnecessary.

So here’s to hoping this will help…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home