/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Monday, November 26, 2007

Dear Fox News, All I Want For Christmas Is For You To Shut Up About It.

So yeah. I don't know if you remember all that fuss like two years ago when the Fox NewSpeak (where's Orwell when you need him?) pundits embarked on their crusade to "save Christmas". I certainly do. It was with consternation and a chuckle that I regarded most of those rants, until I saw that they were actually catching on with some portion of the country. I was flabbergasted, and more than a little surprised. The fact that the general populace in whatever form they take could have been subjugated into complicit brainwashing on this subject makes me weep; now, even more than then. And so it begins again...

My friend Jed posts an interesting bit on the more directly political side of it (his entry prompted my remembrance), although I feel as though I have to repost one of his links specifically: a retort against the idea that the USA was built on religious ideals.

And I'm a little sad about Ron Paul's essay that is posted here, because he seemed to have some decent ideas in other arenas. I can only hope he's since come to a more reasonable view, because the essay is in stark contrast with most of his other stated ideals...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home