/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Friday, April 20, 2007

It's a flying prophylactic?

I am always in favor of zeppelins, by virtue of my near worship of the greatest rock band of all time: LED ZEPPELIN. Of course, manufacturing a zeppelin from lead probably doesn’t solve much in the way of economic problems… but in any case I am fascinated by the decision to use un-manned zeppelins to patrol Caracas. I can imagine these being all over the place, since they’re pretty cheap to operate and provide continuous coverage, especially with the continuing cheap availability of highly accurate camera and communications equipment onboard. You could probably even connect them with Wi-Max or something, IP-based, and have them interlace their feeds for redundancy or 3-D effect…. I’m getting giddy just thinking about it.

Then again, <insert paranoid rant of 1984-esque spying>. So there’s that. But there’s always give and take with this crap. And I just want more zeppelins.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home