/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Microsoft: The Next Generation of High School?

Yup, apparently philadelphia has jumped on this particular bandwagon. As I see it, there are really two paths that this project could end up going down; withering defeat as a corporate succubus of funds, hopes, and dreams, or it could be a surprisingly successful and balanced venture.

Me? I hope it works. Not necessarily because I like corporate involvement in the everyday life (not that I think we can escape that, either), but more because I like what they're "trying" to do with it; which is to say, the school has more than just computers, but is actually designed to sort of walk-the-walk of green and tech design concepts. I'm all for that.
And at least Microsoft doesn't try to hide the fact that it is truly doing it for business' sake, rather than pretending to be altruistic. There's a certain, bald, integrity in admitting that you're an asshole, and really embracing it; because sometimes that asshole can do something very good while they're climbing all over people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home