/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Sunday, March 04, 2007

X-Prize competitions

I'm sure everybody knows about the X-Prize won by SpaceShipOne, for the first reusable commercial space vehicle that was conducted not that long ago. But what you may not know is that the X-Prize organization is doing lots of competitions, including one for high fuel-efficiency in autos. As is the case with most innovative solutions or initiatives, this cannot solve the whole problem, but it can certainly fuel the paradigm shift that enables real change and movement. I'll be the first to admit that I'm very susceptible to the marketing and idealism of this kind of program, but I think there are enough examples of palpable progress and commercial success to make these programs legitimate. I, for one, certainly hope so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home