/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Monday, June 11, 2007

Jesus Loves New-Car Smell

Seriously. I’ve heard that…so yeah that was kind of the message being handed out at a new church in South Africa. But of course, it’s not just about getting rich, it’s about getting rid of your money first by “investing” in the church’s coffers, and then Jesus/God/whatever will bless you with monetary success. Interesting plan. Because that is in no way sketchy; let the poorest give their money away to the church, and sit around waiting for blessings. Sounds like a great plan, to me. But, sometimes that kind of stuff allows people to put their faith in something external and then achieve great things because they’re convinced that they a little something special on their side. I guess I can’t argue the benefits from that aspect. I just get mad when a group of people make lots of money by really extracting the life juice from people who are already poor…

 

Although I, too, like New-Car Smell…

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home