/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hair Salon Boot Camp

My first inclination, as you might expect, is to make fun of this hair Salon boot camp. But actually, upon reflection, I think it’s a great idea. Honestly, they should have the same damn thing for plumbers, HVAC repair, carpentry, whatever. I think the emphasis on college in our country is stupid and unwarranted. For a lot of people, going to college is just a random choice with nothing backing it up; it ends up placing people more in debt and even further from a paying career and self-sufficiency. If more people got involved in the vocational skills market, we would have a higher quality and more balanced arena for these vocational areas.

I mean honestly, college isn’t for everybody. It just does many people a disservice to funnel them through college when their skillset may be much more applicable to other areas.

 

So I say, let’s make bootcamps for all sorts of vocational schools. Maybe we’ll be able to generate a more aggressive and higher quality service and vocational sector. Hell, I would totally do an electrical bootcamp…fall asleep, get shocked with a home-made tazer…

 

1 Comments:

At June 01, 2007 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home-made tazers... now that's something that I witnessed in physics lab - pretty neat, when you're not on the receiving end. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home