/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

School-House Rock!

I am sitting here nodding and cheering to myself, remembering my amusing years in public schools. I definitely learned a decent number of facts, but most of it was in contention with teachers, not with the aid of teachers. I suppose you could argue that in some backwards form the schools worked, since I did in fact learn and garner some small measure of success from the anger in being there. But let’s be realistic: the whole thing of putting everyone together in one big place is ridiculous. One-size-fits-all doesn’t even work for baseball caps, let alone the daunting task of educating a child through their high school graduation.

 

Let’s cut the crap and allow self-esteem coddling and parental denial to be thrown aside in favor of a system that actually helps the children succeed as best they can, individually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home