/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Room-Temp Superconductor

The thing about this goal is that it's a lot like cold fusion. lots of hype all over the place, but rarely has there been much realistic promise. If this is different, then that will be incredible, and very good. I'm just not getting my hopes up quite yet.
Of course once economical super-conductors become available, we will be able to solve all kinds of problems involving electrical losses. Grid transmission of electricity could very easily gain a 50% boost in efficiency, electromagnets would enable much more reasonable cost mag-lev technology, all manner of electronics would be affected... the list goes on. So I'm optimistic in the long run, but call me jaded for the short-term

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home