/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Monday, August 06, 2007

Internet Radio Bleeding to Death

I love shoutcast. I love my indie broadcast sources. Most of all, I like the *idea* of the sort of rogue internet broadcaster, injecting his rebel yell into the ether of “penis enhancement” email and vast capitalist and propagandistic morass.

 

But it seems that with the appeal denied, and the IREA looking doomed, that these stations will soon be on their way out. Wired is running the story, but hopefully you and I can create enough noise to nudge our elected idiots into action…

 

The thing that worries me even more is what happens when the greed takes another step, and then things like myspace music and private podcasts are attacked? It seems ridiculous and unlikely, but I wouldn’t have thought that simple, niche-market broadcasters on the internet would have such hefty fees levied against them, either…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home