/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Friday, July 06, 2007

Clear Thinking on XBOX 360 propaganda

This is probably the exact opposite of what you think. This is not an article debunking some press releases from Microsoft and saying that they’re full of crap. Quite the contrary, with a recent post in Slashdot about some recent problems with 360 failures from design flaws, the ensuing discussion on the message boards shows some of the really impressive value-added of the internet; a number of people spoke up against the article, pointing out that MS’s admission of design flaws and placing an extended warranty in place will actually *earn* them customer goodwill rather than cost them.

I don’t particularly like Microsoft, but I hate bullshit propaganda, no matter what side it comes from. So I say we can claim a little bit of victory on the side of straight-talking. And I give MS a minor thumbs up, for this one. Now if only they could just nuke Vista and let me keep using XP, I might turn into a real fan…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home