/* verifies my page for google statistics */

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vertical Farms = Urban Rednecks?

I’m hip to this trick, no doubt. Vertical farming is kind of a no-brainer as far as I’m concerned (technically speaking), the only real question is whether it becomes economically viable. And you want to know how it will be? The dumbass people who promote ethanol as a reasonable alternative to gas and consequently drive up food prices for, well, *everything*.

The only thing corn-based ethanol really does for us is reduce a little bit of dependence upon foreign oil. And it barely makes a dent in that, anyway.

In any case, maybe we should be growing high-yield ethanol crops (not corn) inside these vertical farms. Now *that* would be smart. If I was an energy company, I would get busy investing in some of those in the sprawling sub-urban areas; think of the fuel money that could be made…

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home